11.29.2011

Getting Ready: Gabriel's Accessories

Just in case anyone is still concerned that we're not really ready for Gabriel's arrival after reading about his room...I thought I'd better do a post about the rest of his "stuff"!

I asked here for input on what we would "need" for our little guy...and you helped me with your sage advice - which I greatly appreciated!

And I could not be happier - or more blessed - to see how the Lord Himself has provided those items that went on our List of Things that Make Life With a Newborn Easier/Better.



Next, our dear friends, the S Family, are letting us use their high chair. I do not have a picture of it here because they are also kind enough to store it for us at their house until such time as we actually need it! Love you, Melissa!




And this little playmat I actually just got from Kami at church last night. It's a 3-in-1 deal: Gabriel can play on his back with the hangie-down thingies, have tummy time, AND it converts into a tunnel he can crawl through when that time comes.

I did not take a picture of it as a tunnel because you have to be very smart and very talented to convert it...and that ruled me out today.


Jas and I picked this little baby up months ago:

Yes, a video monitor. Posh, I know. We never had one with our other children...but we couldn't pass this up when it was the Amazon deal-of-the-day and was a great price!


And not wanting to ignore Gabriel's little bum...I received this from my dear friend Kathy when we visited Colorado back in May:

Don't know what it is? It's a Wipes Warmer! We can't have that baby's bottom getting touched by anything too cold!


And the final two "new-to-us" accessories come from my dear friend, Shanna. Shanna had her third precious child 7 months ago now, and has just passed some of Natalie's things on to us, like this swing...




...and this bouncy seat:

Yes. Yes, it is pink.

I just smile and try not to laugh every time I look at this bouncy seat. Shanna originally mentioned it in passing by saying, "...and we also have a bouncy seat but I don't think you'd want it because it is pink..." But I stopped her right there. If this was my first child I might feel differently...but this is not our first child. And pink is just fine. Besides, he'll only use it for a few months.

**I** think it is fine, anyway. But I don't think Jas has even seen it yet...he might feel differently...

2 comments:

  1. Here's your defense for the pink bouncy... I am sure your boys used pink things and even wore pink clothes in China (as they don't seem to care like we do) and both boys don't seem to suffer any scars from it. LOL!!!! Can't wait until your little man is here.
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for ya'll and can hardly wait for Mr. G-man to get here!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...