3.16.2012

The Post I Can't Write

Gabriel is 8 weeks old today.



Right after we got home with Gabriel a friend asked me if I was going to do a post describing how everything happened those first 2-3 days. At first, I decided that it would be best to wait until that 10-day window (when G's birthmom could have rescinded her decision) was over.

And then...

After much prayer and thought, I've never been able to do a post about it.

***I*** am totally transparent on my blog (as evidenced here and here)...but not when it comes to my kiddos.

When my friend and I talked again today about if I was going to write that post...I decided to write a post about why I am not writing that post.




What I am comfortable sharing:

Gabriel was born the morning of Friday, January 20th.

We got "the call" telling us about him on the afternoon of January 20th.

We got the word that we could head to the hospital on the afternoon of January 21st. We got there as quick as we could, and then "roomed-in" with him that night.

We left the hospital and brought him home on Sunday, January 22nd.

The End


********************
As you can see by my brevity, what I am not comfortable sharing is alot more than what I am comfortable sharing.

Because everything else? Is Gabriel's to decide to share - or not - when he is old enough to make those decisions.

Info about his birthmom? birthdad? why we were able to meet him at 32-hours old, when we had been told to expect a baby at least 10 days old?

It's Gabriel's story...not mine.

2 comments:

  1. You are a very wise woman ;) GREAT post and I guess I'll just have to come to GA and have a girls night to hear the neat God details in person!
    But you know...details don't really matter. All that matters is that Gabriel is YOURS. Forever
    xoxo
    (oh and btw...who looks so "put together" while making supper!! Only you and Vicki I'm sure! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Friend!
    Catching up with you from Taiyuan.
    There is so much about Zeke that reminde me of Noah...that precious grin...and he is so smart. He quickly took the small Lego set we gave him and started putting things together.

    I can't wait until we're all playing together!!!1

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...