3.20.2012

Tidbit Tuesday

This was supposed to be a Miscellany Monday post, but Gabriel is smack-dab in the throes of a big 'ole growth spurt.

Which means? All he wants to do is eat.

And then eat.

And then eat some more.

And to go from a baby who went 3-4 hours between feedings...to this? Well, it has thrown me for a loop.

And yesterday during the children's R&R time (reading and resting) when I would normally be doing any blogging I intend to do...I slept. Gabriel slept...so I slept.

That little joke I made at the end of this post about breastfeeding G for an hour and a half? Not so funny anymore...

And I'm able to type this now only because I've gotten good at multi-tasking...


********************************

We were so blessed this past week to have our sweet neighbor/friend Mrs. Lynn over for supper.


Her hubby, Mr. Robbie, has been deployed overseas (again), so she came solo.

(Elisabeth handed Mrs. Lynn a necklace that said her name when she walked in...so cute!)

The children were SO excited and had a countdown going in anticipation of Mrs. Lynn's impending arrival.



Elisabeth hand-delivered an invitation she'd created to Mrs. Lynn at church: "You are cordially invited..."

And then Elisabeth took it upon herself to write out place cards for each of us:

Mrs. Lynn was very gracious in her approval of our gourmet menu: Spaghetti. Nothing but the best for our friend!

She even brought a gift for Mr. Gabriel.

What else would you expect from the neighbor who has given us a pool?

Gabriel's first swim suit!

*******************************

Speaking of Gabriel: The six of us think he is the gassiest (is that a word?) baby. Ever.

Never mind that none of us have anything to compare him to. It's just hard to imagine a baby being gassier than Mr. G.

Hence, his nick names:
Root Tooter
Rootin' Tootin' McPooter Pants

And Elisabeth came up with a song about our flatulent little guy. I won't share it here...no need to thank me.

But, no matter...oh, how we love our gassy little guy!

******************************

Elisabeth has also penned another little song...that I will share here:



The tune starts out remarkably like "Frere Jacques" for the first four lines...but then it branches out into a tune that is uniquely Elisabeth's.

I love Jesus
I love Jesus
Yes I do
Yes I do
No one can stop me from loving Him
He alone is King of Kings
He alone is Lord of Lords
I love Him with all my heart!

And she dedicated it to me and Jas....


...be still my heart...

*******************************

Our Love the Least Ministry was blessed to be asked to share at another church on Sunday.


Oh! How we love sharing what we know about the orphan crisis around the world...and ways that the people of God can take care of these precious children, as the Lord has commanded us (James 1:27).

*****************************

Now you see it:



Now you don't:



We've gotten rid of the very large entertainment center that has dominated our family room for years now. Because we never used that large tv that was inside it.


I've never had a family room that did not have a tv in it. Ever.


I'm liking it.



2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! So very encouraging. And I love the fact that y'all got rid of the tv in the living room...so counter-cultural. Glad to know that we're not alone in that choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the tidbits.

    Growth spurts, though wonderful, are very tiring, so it's ok that you missed yesterday's post. And I understand 1.5 hour feedings...not funny at all.

    Gas? YES! Our joke here was (note was...she's not so gassy anymore) HR can poot like a man.

    Way to go E! Love your song...keep it up, girl!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...