3.08.2012

I Heart My Moby Wrap

Have I mentioned lately how much I heart my Moby Wrap???

I mean, I knew I would love it...but I LOVE it!


Starting in the hospital, this thing has been indispensable.


I strap that precious baby boy on, and he just goes everywhere with me...from parties...


...to fieldtrips...

...to church, to the grocery store, to.......

As much as I would love to just sit around and stare at Gabriel's precious face all day long...I can't. I've got four other adorable teasures that keep me hopping...and the Moby allows me to keep on hopping!

I am stopped often when we're out. People are fascinated by it. Many have never seen one before. I've had multiple women ask me the name of it and where I got it because they want to buy one for (fill in the blank: daughter-in-law, etc.).

Some other people were jealous because of all the warm snuggling I was getting to do with Gabriel, so they wanted a turn:
(My mom says that she's not sure that Gabriel knows he's been born yet.)




(O.k. Daniel didn't actually have Gabriel in there...but he would have loved to!)

I have had some funnies happen due to the Moby, though. I like to think of them as Moby Misunderstandings.

When we went to the CNY Party, someone asked my friend Melissa: "What is wrong with your friend?" Melissa said, "Nothing! What do you mean?" They answered, "You know, she has that sling on...what did she hurt?"

And the first Sunday we were back in church, Kami came up to me beforehand and said that our pastor, Chris, was going to have us stand up and introduce Gabriel at the end of the service - because they'd all been praying for us the weekend before when we were at the hospital bringing him home. But he didn't introduce us at the end. (Which was actually fine by this attention-averse girl!) Kami told me that night at Community Group that she'd asked Chris why he had not introduced Gabriel to the congregation. He said he hadn't had us stand up because he thought I was breastfeeding Gabriel! (My first thought was: NOT in the 3rd row of church I wasn't! My second thought: For an hour and a half?!?!?)


3 comments:

  1. Tell Jason we love the photo of him with Gabriel!! That is one man that can do it all!! Kill a buck AND wear a Moby with style!! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your family! Just found your blog on Ni hao ya'll. I am SO in love with your newest addition! He has to be the cutest thing I've ever seen! I would love to steal him or get one of my own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your comment on Passionate Homemaking and it piqued my interest. Your little Gabriel is so cute! I'm a foster mom of a 3-wk old baby girl (we've had her since day 2) and I LOVE my moby! I have two older boys and lots to get done in a day, so it's been a huge blessing (especially since it was given to me by a friend, and I didn't have to buy it!) It's actually funny reading about all the interest you've gotten with it. I live in crunchy California, so lots of people wear their babies.

    I read through a lot of your blog and your family is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...