5.26.2010

Granny Panties

I'm not sure what everyone else calls them...but that is what Jas and I call BIG panties.

Now, I think I should stop right here and insert this...

(Warning: This post is not meant to sound judgmental about the kind of underwear that anyone might, or might not, wear. And don't - whatever you do - after reading this post, feel the need to share with Jas and I what kind of underwear you might, or might not, wear. Thank you, The Blog Management Team)




Backing up a little: I did a good job packing for 5 of us for this Orlando mini-vacation. (Jas packs for himself, thankfully.)

A pretty good job.

I didn't forget anything for the children.

I only forgot two things for me:

-flip flops (so I've been wearing my favorite Born sandals down to the pool - not ideal, but not a deal breaker)

-underwear (THIS is a deal breaker)

But amazingly enough, Orlando has a Walmart! Who-da thunk it?

After we arrived here the other night, after we got the children down, Jas headed back out to the Publix just down the road to pick up a couple of things. And then he headed to Walmart to help remedy my underwear situation. (See why I love this guy???)

He came back so proud of himself, as he ought. I have never been so happy to see a package of underwear. A six-pack of Fruit of the Loom. We had discussed that I would probably need Large, but he had taken the time to look at the size chart on the back, and figured, given my height and weight, that I actually needed the mediums. Cute colors and prints. It was all good, until...


I opened the package and unfolded a pair.


GRANNY panties!


I am now, for the first time in my life, the proud owner of underwear that comes up to my belly button.


When we realized what he'd done, Jas and I both laughed our behinds off...but as quietly as possible so as not to wake the four cuties in the bedroom.

Even though he laughed about it, Jas actually looked a little sheepish about his mistake. Jas never makes mistakes. (I'm not even being facetious - he is seriously the smartest person I know.) He wasn't sure how he missed the picture on the front that very clearly showed the beautiful, youthful model wearing...yep, granny panties.

His only excuse was that he "didn't want to hang out in the women's underwear section any longer than he had to."

I appreciate that.

2 comments:

  1. THank you for the chuckle. Jas is more braver then my hubby, he would had never done that for me....Hope you having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to take one for the team, Jas!! Chris has BTDT as well. :) It takes a real man to buy panties!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...