10.10.2011

All Things Gabriel

I haven't posted anything about little Mr. Big Man lately, so I figured it was time...

"Yes"...we're still adopting.

"No"...we haven't heard anything new lately. Not. one. word.

And, we still have no idea when he'll arrive.

Well, technically, we have no idea. ***But***(shhh!!!) I have - for several months now - had a feeling it will be November or December.

Is that just "Joli"...or is that from the Lord??? I really don't know...but I certainly hope that is the Lord laying that on me!


So, we've continued to slowly-but-surely get things ready for Gabriel's arrival.

And by "we", I also mean Laoli. Laoli has been a busy little beaver.


Here, hanging on the outside of his crib, are things she's purchased for Gabriel:

Look at those scrumptious outfits...and that precious "taggy" blanket.


Not so bad, right? She didn't go overboard...until you look inside the crib to see what else she's purchased:
Onesies, and jammies, and outifts. Blankets, and Hooded Towels, and Booties, and Bibs. AND he's already got a pillow pet. (She couldn't very well buy ones for the other four and not for him...now could she???)

Her reasoning: She got all of this at such good prices/sales...how could she not buy it???

Sounds very logical to me. And we are extremely grateful for all of this!

Between what Laoli has purchased, and the hand-me-downs that Leah has blessed us with, Gabriel is seriously set for clothes for his first, like, 2 years! (You hear that, V???)

Clothes...check.



But, there were a few other things we still needed...

Diaper bag...check. (Recognize it? It's a great 31 bag...AND I got to help out my precious Arica!)



And I've been stocking up on some things during the past couple of co-op orders:


And that leads me into the "Breastfeeding Gear" we've accumulated...


My dear friend Heather (veteran breastfeeding mama of 5), blessed me with this cover. I LOVE it! The package it came in proudly proclaimed its brand-name: Udder Covers


It's got that great boning in the top so that it will stick out just far enough that Gabriel and I will be able to see one another....

...or, so that Chippyyee can have enough room to stick her head through!



Chippyyee also wanted to help demonstrate the pillow we purchased on Ebay.

I love the name on this product also: My Brest Friend. I hope they pay the people coming up with these hilarious names alot!


That's it for now...

But when we hear something about our precious Gabriel...I promise you'll be the first to know!

2 comments:

  1. Aw shucks! I thought you were about to tell us he was coming now! Guess we will just have to keep waiting with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! You just never know when "the call" will come, which is kind of fun! With one of our daughters, we got "the call" just two hours before she was in our arms! It started as just a regular Tuesday morning and by Tuesday night after we had tucked our other kids in, I was sitting on the couch holding our new daughter while my husband was holding a baby name book!

    Sharla
    http://thechaosandtheclutter.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...