8.05.2010

Out of commission

I kind of feel like a fish-out-of-water right now.

My grain mill, that should look like this:



Looks like this:
Actually, it doesn't even look that good any more. I shipped the top motor/grinder portion back to the company.

My mill, well...exploded. For lack of a better word.

It happened while Kristin was visiting. I was milling wheat to make our homemade pizza while they were here. I happened to be standing only about 2 feet away when there was this very loud **POP**, the expander ring blew off...and wheat flew everywhere. The machine then began making a funny noise (you think?)...and smelling bad (you think???).

Having recovered a little from my initial shock and fright - and being the brilliant girl that I am - I reached over and turned it off. And I started thinking..."This is not good." (YOU THINK???)

But what is good is that the company is going to replace it. For free! The very nice and helpful "Dave" said that it sounded like my mill "threw a tooth". He said that it is grinding at 15,000-18,000 rpm...and so when it "throws a tooth" it is kind of BIG and SCARY. I've had my Nutrimill for over 2 1/2 years and have used. it. hard. But they stand behind their mills and so they're replacing mine.

This is putting a crimp in my "healthy-eating" style.

When it was Pizza/Movie night with the fam last Friday...oh, yeah, I don't have a mill. (I would totally not recommend the pre-made crusts that we used instead...tasted like cardboard and my stomach bothered me all night.)

When I wanted to make Jas some Millet muffins the other day (his favorite!)...oh, yeah, I don't have a mill.

We're slap out of bread, it's time to make more...oh, yeah, I don't have a mill!



My new one better get here quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...