7.27.2010

Long-lost friend

I have just recently reconnected with a high school friend that I haven't seen or talked to in 18 or 19 years! (Can I hear a shout-out for Facebook!)

Here is what Kristin and I looked like yesterday:



Here is what we looked like shortly before we last saw one another:

I know, I know...look at that hair!

Kristin and I were BFF (and had necklace charms to prove it!) during high school...until my father's job yanked me away from Florida and moved us to Colorado right before my senior year in high school. (Yes, I acted like a total drama queen about the total injustice of this situation!)

So Kristin and I just got back in touch and have been exchanging messages for months now. Her precious husband has recently been deployed to Iraq to protect our freedom.

So, she and her two precious girls drove from NC to visit us.



Katie is 5 1/2:

Rowan is 2 1/2:
(Check out those adorable cheeks and her cute smoothie 'stache)


It probably goes without saying...but our children had a blast playing together.



And we soon found out that Elisabeth and Katie have someting in common:

They both love to pose for pictures!



They were here for two days, and we squeezed as much as we could into that time.

We went swimming a couple times.


We went out to Papa's farm.

We had fun reading together:



They got to take a fieldtrip to help us milk the girls, when we had to cover for someone else unexpectedly. (Kristin said out of all the things she never pictured seeing me do when I grew up, this had to be on the list: me tromping through a pasture to herd some dairy cows into the milking stall...while wearing big 'ol boots...and shorts (It is HOT here right now - heat index over 100 - and I'm not wearing pants, even to go milk the girls!))

We had fun bouncing together at our local bounce place:


My children were practically in mourning after they left yesterday afternoon.
My children fell in love with Mrs. Kristin, Katie and Rowan. Several of them asked Kristin yesterday, "When can you come stay with us again???"





When Noah woke up from nap yesterday, he told me (with tears in his eyes) that he missed Katie. "Why does fun have to end?"

It was almost surreal seeing my dear friend again after all these years. To jump from being eighteen year olds (who got into too much mischief together) - to see the woman that Kristin has become - and the wonderful, patient mother she is...it was simply amazing.

And, it will not be another 18 years before we see each other again. I did promise my children that.





2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful reunion!! I am glad you all had such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome that you were able to get back in touch with her and that you were able to pick back up where you left off. I lost touch with one of my best friends from high school for nine years and then reunited on Myspace. We've become such great friends again that we even had our kids (Ella and her son) six days apart!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...