7.26.2010

...and they will come

That cheesy, oft-quoted line from Field of Dreams keeps popping into my head:

"Build it...and they will come."





But it has changed a little...in my head, what I keep hearing is actually:

"Host it...and they will come."




We have many, many adoptive families here in our area...and we are planning to come together to speak up for "the least of these".

2 other adoptive moms and I have had a conference call with these women.

And they are coming here.

We are going to host an Orphan Awareness event here.

This is going to be a big event...here in our little town.



And we can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do.


More details to follow...




"Pure and lasting religion in the sight of God our Father means that we must care for orphans and widows in their troubles..." (James 1:27)

7 comments:

  1. amazing and so cool... You will do awesome Joli

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS amazing and so cool, Sue - and GOD will do awesome. I'm just so glad that I get to have front-row seats to witness it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh please do let me know when this will be! I would love, love, love to be there!! I leave for Haiti in t-minus 32 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why am I not surprised that our precious Ansley wants to be at this event? I'll let you know...you need to be there!

    We'll be praying you to Haiti and back. I'm going to go send you a message on FB now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Joli, please make sure Robbie or Sabrina or someone lets me know the time and place. I only get online about once a week so I don't want to miss it!!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you want to come, Amy! You will definitely hear about it! We're going to be shouting it out everywhere, as loud as we can! The 147 Million Orphans Moms have experience doing this and are coaching us about setting up a blog for the event, and they'll link to it, and we'll get people talking about it on their blogs, and on FB! We want the word OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! Kevin and I love, love, love talking about what is being done around the world for the orphans and what still needs to be done. Could go on for days and days!

    :)
    Janet and gang

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...