7.23.2010

In Awe

I am continually in awe of this girl.

Lily Kay's bravery and resiliency are just...amazing.



It took us only a week and a half (argh) to get the prescription filled for The Shot that she will need every month now. (But that's a whole different post about Un-Fully Stocked Pharmacies and Difficult Insurance Companies...don't get me started.)

But we finally got the shot.

Oh...yay.




This is a deep, thick IM shot. (I'm learning lots of new lingo with Lily Kay and her SN). For us laymen that means "Intramuscular"...which translates to Very Painful.

Our dear friend Anna came over and coached us through the first injection.

I held.

Jas injected.

Lily Kay cried.

But only for about 30 seconds...then she hopped down and went to play.




Wow, that wasn't so bad after all.

And that is where my thoughts should end.

But I'm Overly Analytical...so my thoughts don't end there.

My thoughts go to my precious daughter's first almost-4 years, in another country, where she underwent lots of testing and poking and prodding (we've got lots of Chinese medical reports to prove it)...and had no mama and daddy to hold her and help her through it.

She learned how to get through it on her own.

And while I feel like our bonding and attachment process is going well - extremely well, actually - episodes like this make me wonder.

Is she really fine? Or is she just stuffing and coping...like she's always had to?

I hope, and more importantly, I pray, that it's the first...but I do wonder. And when I do...I pray some more.

2 comments:

  1. Right there with you...."stuffing and coping"....what a good way to describe it. I'd like to think all is well when T just brushes by stuff; but considering how she has the emotional integrity of...well..someone who is 3, we're pretty sure she's just "stuffing"...and hiding her head in the sand as the "coping" part. I'm learning to accept it takes a lot longer to heal a broken heart then many of us are led to believe :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...