7.06.2010

Decluttering Campaign: Baby Steps

We had a super busy week last week, between 3 days that were full of appointments for Miss Lily Kay and Noah...and tomatoes.

But I wanted to at least get started on my decluttering campaign .


The girls' closet seemed like a good, easy place to start.


Here is a picture of it before:




And here it is after:


O.k., I'm scrolling back and forth between the pictures, and I don't see much difference.

That's kind of depressing.


I did actually clear some stuff out. I have photographic proof:

The consignment shop pile...



The trash pile...


These were either trashed or reassigned to other closets...



These are hand-me-downs, and they're going back to the family from whence they came...



I'm committed to this decluttering and reorganizing campaign. I received encouragement in this area from the book I'm currently reading when I'm on my treadmill every morning - Yes, They're All Ours by Rick Boyer (www.thelearningparent.com, I love their website!): "Blessed is the parent whose life is uncluttered with excess possessions so he has time to enjoy his family undistracted." Amen. I don't want to spend so much time cleaning up stuff, and cleaning stuff, and putting away stuff, and maintaining stuff...

So, I'm going to keep plugging away.

Baby steps. (sigh)

4 comments:

  1. Great job! Keep it up and you will be amazed how much stuff you can get rid of. Baby steps really add up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Sigh* I need to begin taking those baby steps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Playing catch-up on the blog...might need to de-clutter myself...I want more time with my girlies....
    We ALWAYS canned tomatoes when I was growing up. Did I say ALWAYS?

    Love the couch photos!

    And, love the children in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cracked me up! :) I had to look at the label to know it was your after photo! Oh...how many times I've hauled stuff out of this house only to look at my "after" and not visually see the difference, either!!! How funny! We have to remember...simplifying is a journey, not a single task, right? That being said, you won't know it if you visited and say our clutter right now, but I'm almost on a first name basis with the guy at goodwill in our town...he has 7 kids, etc, etc. We entertain him more then weekly lately with all the kids dragging stuff into his drop-off room. Keep on decluttering!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...