7.01.2010

Follow-up on Zibing's Not-so-Fun Monday and Tuesday

Short version: Lily Kay did so good during her eight sticks (yes...8!) on Monday and Tuesday.

Longer version: Praise the Lord for EMLA Cream! Seriously, I know that whoever created this miracle anesthetic lotion is now in Heaven...and I'm going to give him/her a big 'ol kiss when I get there too!

Thank you for your e-mails and calls checking on her...we really appreciate it.

Here is Lily Kay as we were pulling out of our driveway on Monday to head down to the children's hospital.


Yes, that is saran wrap around both her arms and both her hands.

The Endocrinology office told us that is the best way to keep the EMLA in place. (We applied it 3 hours before the sticks began on Monday).

We love the children's hospital that we use, for which I am eternally grateful, because my boys have had 12 surgeries/procedures done there...and this was Lily Kay's first of many visits in the next few months.


Lily Kay was fascinated by "The Ball Machine" at the children's hospital...as all my children have been (their parents are fascinated by it too, come to think of it).



Waiting for the fun to begin on Monday afternoon.



The only time Lily Kay cried during the 8 sticks on Monday and Tuesday was right before the first one - when she saw the nurse getting everything ready...and she realized what was about to happen. I tried to remind her that we'd used this special lotion and that it wouldn't hurt...but she didn't believe me (imagine that).


But when she got stuck that first time, her tears dried up, "Bu yao hurt!" ("It doesn't hurt!")








And when she got 2 shots (taking care of 3 more fillings) at the dentist on Tuesday morning...she didn't even cry. (All five of us were there, so I think she must have been distracted by all the chaos in our little room!)

AND THEN (if I wasn't already sold on EMLA by this point, this would have done it!)...when we went for a final blood draw on Tuesday afternoon (to finish up the testing that was begun Monday afternoon)...she never cried - even though it took 4 nurses 4 sticks to get her blood! YES, we had used EMLA cream again!

Now the wait begins...it's supposed to take between 1 and 3 weeks to get the results of this test back.....

3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness those days are over with! She is so brave. I think I need some of that cream....

    Hugs,
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Fran! Yes, I think EVERYONE needs some of that cream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is good the day is over. Glad she did so well, too! I want some of that cream!

    :)
    Janet and gang

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...