There were (if I counted correctly) 21 boxes.
And then I did four flat twists across the front of A's head.
I tried to cornrow those four sections, but I am still having trouble, so I reverted (again) to just doing flat twists. But I am not giving up on my cornrowing efforts...I need to get this down!
This style set a record for us: It stayed in her hair for 6 days. SIX DAYS! That is simply huge. Besides cutting down on styling time during the (hectic) week, it is healthier for A's hair to be handled and manipulated less.
I could wax eloquent about all the problems I saw with my execution of this style (like the boxes on the right side of her head were quite a bit smaller than the ones on the left side), but I am trying to not be a perfectionist about this. It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful. That is what I keep telling myself anyway. And, I know that no one else is scrutinizing her hair as closely as I am.
As I was working on the braids, Jas came over to check out our progress...and he ended up jumping in and helping on some of the braids.
It is not important how many (or how few...3(cough)) he helped with, it just means a lot to me that he wants to be involved.
|Totally swallowing my pride and posting this pic of me still in jammies, and Jas in his cow feeding/milking clothes!|
|That is "product" still showing in A's braids - our homemade mix of coconut oil, cocoa butter and shea butter - to seal in moisture. The "C" in the LOC method.|