10.25.2010

Surgery...almost for certain

We do not have all of the results from LK's blood work yet.

We will not have them until tomorrow.

One day before her scheduled surgery.

That is too close for my liking. And I even had Jas take LK for the blood draw a day earlier than the Endocrinologist office told us to!

So, realizing how down to the wire this timing was...I called the Endo office to see how concerned we should be that the results could halt the surgery. How likely was it that we'd need to call it off because of the results?

I'm so glad I called. She put my mind more at ease. We've gotten LK's numbers to a good place and they've been stable...so the nurse said unless I, say, had stopped giving her her medicine for the last month, we should not have a problem with her results.

Needless to say, I have not stopped giving her medicine three times a day for the last month. (In fact, everyone - including our friends - know exactly what the little songs mean when the alarm goes off on my cell phone.)


So, we should be good to go.

But this OCD mama is still going to feel better when I go pick up the results in person tomorrow and then hand-carry them to the hospital on Wednesday morning.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...