10.26.2010

Confession

UPDATE:
We got the call this evening that LK's surgery is scheduled for 12:30 p.m.

Pro: We need to arrive at the hospital at 10:30 a.m., which means we'll leave the house at 8:30 a.m. (With the boys' surgeries, we've always had to leave the house at about 5 a.m.!)

Con: LK will not be allowed to eat anything before her surgery...so it is going to be a L O N G morning for this little girl. Bless her heart!

********************************************



I am a worrier.

I like to think of myself as a Recovering Worrier. But I regress often...way more often than I should.

Phillipians 4:6 was one of the first verses I memorized after becoming a believer at 26 years old. And, boy, did I need it: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.


I also love 1 Peter 5:7: Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Wow, that is good stuff.


And I do cast my cares and anxieties and worries on Him...the problem is that I keep taking them back.

The first sign that I'm "taking them back" from the Lord is...my sleep. I start having trouble sleeping. Staying asleep, actually. I wake up...and then canNOT go back to sleep.

The last few nights I've been doing that. I've been waking up one, two...sometimes 3 hours before my alarm is set to go off....and cannot. go. back. to. sleep.

One of my children having surgery? That would be a perfect example of a "care" that will start this cycle in me. When I wake up like that I try to just lay there and pray...but I continually find my mind wandering - and worrying - again.

I've talked with LK over the past week or so and tried to prepare her, in an age-appropriate way, for what is coming. But urological surgery, wow...this is simply not going to be fun for her. And I hate it for her.

And so...I worry. I'm anxious. I'm not sleeping good.

And so...I've NOT been a very Patient and/or Together Mommy the past few days.

Hence, this note that my sweet Elisabeth wrote me this morning (don't miss the smiley face under the exclamation points):

What?!??! You mean she could tell that I'm a little, ahem, not right, these past few days?!?!? Unfortunately, I know they can all tell...

We would appreciate you joining with us in praying for our precious Lily Kay tomorrow. We will find out later today exactly what time the surgery will be...I'll update this post with that info.

We're supposed to be in the hospital for one night. And I should be able to post an update on how our girl is doing while we're there...so I will do that if I can (while she's asleep some time).

4 comments:

  1. Joli,
    I am so sorry that I bothered you with my "not so good homeschooling mom story" today. I am sorry that you are struggling so! I am hate that little precious ones have to endure so much, but I love that we can run to the Mercy Seat!

    Definitely praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a worrier, too, and continually take back my cares after I have placed them with God! Oh, how patient He is with me! Good thing!!

    Praying here in Indiana for Lily Kay and you all.

    Love and hugs from our family to yours,
    janet and gang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saying some prayers tonight that all went OK and that the night will be restful for you and her. God bless, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about you guys all day (and praying for you). How did it go?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...