10.10.2010

Picnic At The Farm

Ni Hao Y'all



The six of us went out to papa's farm yesterday .

This condo stand was ostensibly the reason for our trip:



With deer hunting season rapidly approaching, daddy needed to clear away some of the weeds from the bottom of the condo stand...so he and papa don't make too much noise as they go up the stand, shhh!

But we know how to turn anything - including a weed clearing session - into a party. We packed a picnic and had a tailgate party out at the farm.

And when the kids were done eating, daddy let them take turns climbing up to the top of the condo stand with him.



And three of the children took me up on it when I challenged them to see how fast they could run to the end of this field and back. (Lily Kay is to too smart to be swayed just because "everyone else is doing it!")

They ran to the far side, but then pooped out and walked back.

And then I realized that it would be a good time to snap some new individual pics of the children.

Here are my favorites:

Elisabeth



Noah


Daniel


and Lily Kay.
I thought this one of Lily Kay turned out pretty well. She is going through a hard time with pictures. She tries to smile good, but sometimes it looks like she is in pain.





Or on drugs.















But at least she's trying.

Some are just trying to be silly...



...or gross.
(Ahem...yes, that would be carrots in Daniel's mouth)



This little monkey...



is trying to speak no evil...

see no evil...


...and hear no evil!


And some, just love posing for pictures...

...and keep saying...


"Now get me doing this..."



"...and this!"









And some just smile sweetly and take a good picture right off the bat...



and then go collect goldenrod "flowers" for his beloved mama.

We love being out at the farm...and we're currently researching and praying about moving out there.

I want chickens.

I want dairy goats.

And I want my children to grow up out there, with chickens...and dairy goats.

5 comments:

  1. What fun!
    And wonderful pics of your precious kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures - looks like you are enjoying your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great to live out on a farm! I would want all those things too! A great simple but full of fun life!

    Lots of great pictures! Cute, funny and all around good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever visited your blog, but I LOVE your header & your story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the photos of your precious children! Ummmm, I love the children, too.

    So, move out to the farm. We'd love to visit. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...