9.16.2010

Off to Kansas

I found out just a few days ago - Saturday, to be exact - that I get to go with my mom, Aunt Marty and Aunt Susan to Kansas, to visit my brother and his family in Kansas. And I leave in a few hours.

Yes, I said "I".

Not "me and my whole family", or "me and the children".

I'm excited!

But also anxious.

The children will have a wonderful time while I'm gone. Thursday they will spend the day with my dear friend Amy and her children. And Friday they will spend the day with my dear friend Kris and her children. Jas will hold down the fort at night, over the weekend, and he's taking the day off Monday.

But I'm still anxious...and feeling a tad bit selfish, truth be told.

Noah, acting sad a couple days ago, asked me WHY I wanted to go.

Is it bad to actually look forward to not brushing any one else's teeth except mine for the next few days? Is it bad to be glad that I won't have to cut up anyone else's food?

I did not tell him those things. And those things are not why I want to go...but I do have to admit - in the interest of keeping it real - that they are a nice aspect of this trip.

But I will certainly try to have a good time...and hope that mom, Aunt Marty and Aunt Susu understand if I try to brush their teeth or cut up their food!

1 comment:

  1. I feel a little selfish when I think that way, too, but the truth is that sometimes we need time alone. You'll remind me of that later, won't you?!

    Have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...