9.17.2010

"Fink You"

I'm here in Kansas. Having lots of fun, laughing at my precious 5-year old niece, Reese, and adorable 2-year old nephew, Davis. Missing my kids, though. I've spoken with each of them on the phone this morning...and tried not to cry.

Woke up early and got ready fast (I've learned to do that over the past few years)...and now I'm waiting for all the other adult girlies to get ready.

While I wait, I'm going to share a new milestone that Lily Kay has reached recently.

For the first 6 1/2 months home, Lily Kay pronounced "Thank you" as "Fink you".

But she has just begun saying "THank you".

Very exaggerated with the "TH", making sure she sticks her tongue out - just a little - between her teeth. "THank you"

And now she has added a few more very polite words to that phrase.

So now I hear this alot, "THank you, vedy much. THank you, vedy, vedy much!"

Some people think think it sounds British...some say Russian.

Whichever...it definitely sounds precious.

2 comments:

  1. It is so cute to hear them talk as they learn the language. We have many private chuckles over what they say and how they say it! (Emma and Ellie)

    Our Anna is in speech- she too says words and sounds her own special way. I love it but am trying to be a good Mom and help her speak correctly ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...