8.13.2010

First Day of School, 2010-2011

In addition to Monday being Elisabeth's Adoption Day, it was also our First day of school for this year!



I know, I know...what a mean mama.



BUT, my children do not think school is something to dread or hate...so I knew Elisabeth wouldn't mind sharing her day this way.



Miss Lily Kay is beginning her Pre-K work:


(I helped LK write the words...but all the letters on the bottom half of the page she wrote all by herself!)


Daniel is now is Kindergarten, and OH, is he excited! He wants to be big and read like his big brother.


(I told Daniel what letters to write, but he wrote them all by himself.)



And Noah and Elisabeth are both starting their 2nd grade work!


(You can't see it real good in this picture, but those are cars that Noah drew on the bottom of his picture. But then, of course he drew cars...what else would they be???)







Daniel has been very intense the past couple of days, working on making his letters perfect...he is a very detailed and meticulous boy, so this shouldn't surprise me. He is also very independent..."No, I wanna do it...I'll do it by myself!" It's a trait I definitely admire...but it makes me shake my head: How can he do it by himself when he doesn't even know what he is supposed to be doing??? Ai yai yai!




In order to keep things sane and peaceful - and educational - around here, I am using a schedule I worked up based on the tips in one of my favorite books for homeschooling mamas, Managers of Their Homes (by Steve and Teri Maxwell).
And here - in all it's eye-straining glory - is our schedule for this year:


Woohoo - our 2010-2001 school year is now officially underway!


2 comments:

  1. Happy first day of school! We started our first day of school on Arin's birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...