8.11.2010

Putting on the pressure

The children have been putting on the pressure lately.

For months, really.

But it really has seemed heavier the past few weeks.

They want us to adopt again.

Or 'dopt, as most of them say.


Daniel says we should 'dopt 3 more sisters and 3 more brothers...."Please, please, Mama - can we???"

Noah says we should have 24 children. And we should 'dopt some from "Epiopia."

Elisabeth says we should 'dopt 2, or maybe just 1, more child. She wants to adopt from Europe somewhere - Italy, preferably, she says. But she also wants our family to move to China...and start orphanages "like George Mueller did".

Now let me state right now that I do not know at all if we will ever have any more children...we might very well be done. But if I've learned anything over the past 10 years it is that the Lord has everything planned, His plan is perfect and His timing is perfect. I am no longer in the business of telling the Lord what I will do, and when...or (shudder) what I would never do.

But in the meantime, these conversations with the children have been precious...wonderful glimpses into their hearts and thoughts.

6 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! You guys are great parents and you have such a wonderful family. I am with the kids - I think it is time for you to 'dopt again too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm not siding with anyone here, as I'm not ready to 'dopt again myself. However, if the LORD leads, we'll follow. I am "just sayin'" that I know what you mean! :) You do have precious, precious babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww You gotta love that you've raised such sweet kids with sweet hearts for others! If anyone could handle having 24 kids it would probably be you (and Michelle Dugger)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know, we are "feeling" the call to 'dopt again! But maybe just not right now?? Don't know! But I am with you. If God calls us, we will follow no matter what it looks like right now in our lives.

    Maybe we will be going on another China trip with you?? I'm just saying . . .

    :)
    Janet and gang

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are in the right state of mind to keep your ears open to when/if He leads you there again. In the meantime, some words of advise: Don't ever tell your kid you will buy her a pony after you adopt 5 kids. It does put one in a bit of a bind after...um...He surprises you and tells you to adopt 5 kids.

    Let's make things very clear- this was Daddy that got us into this pony mess, not me!

    Blessings, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny, our kids also think we need more! I was surprised to hear them want more so soon after bringing Claire home (only a couple months afterward). They are always telling us there is another seat in the van and work out room arrangements. I think Jeramie and I are really happy with 4 but like you, we say that the Lord knows more than we do. Our family gives us crazy looks when we say that but I just tell them I don't know what the future holds.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...