8.10.2016

Yoga

Several of the women at our church recently began offering a beginner yoga class.  Because of little (and not-so-little) "I'm 43 y.o. now" aches and pains, I had been thinking for a while that I would like to try yoga, so I was thrilled when I got the email announcing this class!

I got myself a mat and went to the inaugural class last Monday.  Bottom line: I loved it!  

We did a video from Atoning Yoga.  These videos are "grounded in Scripture" and the class "contains a 'breath prayer' that is inspired by a Bible verse and repeated throughout the entire practice."(from their site)  


But the classes are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday at 5:30 p.m.  Right when Jas is arriving home. Right when we should be sitting down to all eat supper together.  

Group classes are just not going to work for this mama right now.  So, I decided to try to do some at home.  The kiddos were interested in seeing what all this yoga-hubbub was about.  They were VERY interested.

Not only did I almost immediately get ejected from my mat...I had lots of "helpers" who decided they need to hug me and berightwithme...right then:




LK really did the video with me...the others, not so much.

The three oldest lost interest pretty fast, but the three youngest hung in there until the bitter end.  It was so cute seeing Abigail attempt a downward dog pose (and she did pretty good!).  


Group classes won't work for me right now at church...OR at home.

So now I have started doing yoga in the morning, before my shower.  I am still doing just very basic beginner stuff.  But boy can I feel it.  And it feels good (after it stops feeling not good).  I found a beginner video on YouTube that I really like that, while not Christian, doesn't have anything included that a believer would be apprehensive about.  

Jas even did it with me this morning.  Woohoo!  Go us!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...