2.29.2016

Miscellany Monday - February 29, 2016: Globetrotters, What I'm Reading and What They Played With


We recently were so blessed to be able to see the Harlem Globetrotters!j

And I took exactly ZERO pictures!

Thankfully, Jas took this one:



It was 10 of us:  All 8 of us, and my mom and dad.  This was dad's Christmas present.  It was my bright idea...but mom paid for it!  (phew!)

My children didn't know much about the Globetrotters when we purchased the tickets over 2 months ago, so we have been watching youtube clips, and we checked books out through inter-library loan, getting ready for the big night.  

We thoroughly enjoyed the whole evening!




*******************************************


I am still on a reading kick, and still loving it.


I immensely enjoyed the book that Amy gave me for my birthday by Shauna Niequist (Bread & Wine), so I requested another book of hers through the library:



Bittersweet, by Shauna Niequist 

So good, she has such a way with words.  This book seems to be so relevant to some things going on right now in our lives...but I imagine it would always feel that way, at whatever stage you find yourself.




And this is what I'm reading on the treadmill in the mornings (when I do the treadmill in the mornings, which doesn't happen everyday at this point):


The Kaizen Way, by Robert Maurer


"Kaizen" is a Japanese term that refers to making great and lasting change through small, steady steps.  I remember studying the topic of Kaizen (way) back during some Production Management classes when I was getting my MBA, so I was intrigued when I came across this title.  I am always interested in gleaning what I can from here and there and over yonder that will help me make little changes (habits, processes) to make the practical logistics of our home life run smoother.  I haven't gotten too far into the book yet, but I am liking it.  


*******************************


I have always been a Ruthless Master Declutterer, so it has continued to amaze me what we have been able to continue to do after I read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up a couple months ago.  (Warning: It is addictive!  After watching me have so much fun, Jas got into it, and then Elisabeth...and then Noah!)


When we found some VHS tapes (we don't even have a VCR anymore!) and cassettes (we don't even have a cassette player anymore!) recently, Noah asked if he could open them up to see what was inside and how they worked.

Sure!


And this is what I found later:







They all had so much fun!  






But I dare say that I believe G-man had the most fun:






It made my heart jump into my throat when I first saw it was around his neck, but I checked it out and it was very fragile and broke easily....so I let him have at it.











Now that is what I call cheap entertainment.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...