3.11.2013

Spoke Too Soon...and the Meeting

In my last post I mentioned that D, LK and N had fevers, but that Gabriel and Elisabeth had escaped.

I spoke too soon.

Jas and I were (mostly) able to fight it off, but it got us a tad also.

I'm not trying to sound too Frank Peretti-ish here, but I really feel like the enemy was messing with us last week.  Jas and I were scheduled to share our personal testimony about our adoptions on Saturday.

What I do know...

The enemy:
1. hates adoption (because it is all about love, and it is a picture of what the Father has done for us believers)

2.  doesn't want God to get the glory (that He so deserves)


So, in the four days prior to this meeting - where we would share about our 6 adoptions, and give God ALL the glory - the enemy hit us where it hurts:  those same precious children we were planning to speak about.

So...time to regroup and come up with a new plan.

Jas stayed home with sickies (G, E and N).

The two well-er ones went on to their soccer game (my kiddos make up 40% of the soccer team!  they really needed any well ones we could send their way!)  Our precious Abby took D and LK to the game...they had a big time with her.

I went to the meeting by myself.  I spoke for about 15-20 minutes.  It went fine...and I am SO GLAD that I was able to share about our children and what the Lord has done!




1 comment:

  1. Joli,

    I just wanted you to know that you did an awesome job sharing about your kiddos! I'm praying that God will move on the hearts of some of the attendee's to really go through and adopt. Just wanted to say that your efforts were appreciated greatly!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...