1.09.2012

"These Are a Few of My Favorite Things..."

Can you just hear Julie Andrews singing that in The Sound of Music? "These are a few of my favorite things..."

Well, here are a few of my favorite things that I received for Christmas:


First, I already mentioned this tee that I received from my mother-in-love...

...from Wild Olive Tees. Love everything they sell.


And then from my own mom I received this awesome shirt:

From Union28. Love everything they stand for - and everything they sell.


And I love this new shirt I got:

Who did I get if from? Oh, wait - I bought it for myself from my friend, Lynnea...and the proceeds go to help support others adoptions! Love the message...love what it supports!

See a theme with the three above items? I love t-shirts. I call jeans and t's my "uniform". I like this much better than the suits and high heels (and panty hose, argh!) that I used to wear to work!


Moving on...

When I woke up on Christmas morning and didn't get dressed (it's mandatory to stay in jammies to open Christmas presents!) I was thinking how ratty my jammies were looking (I don't ever spend money on things like jammies for me!)

Well, apparently Jas was on the same brain wave as me, because he gave me these:


...so cute and so soft jammies! He did a great job!


And my mom was apparently thinking along the same lines too, because she gave me these...

...jammies that I love!

AND, with them I wear these that she also gave me...

...new comfy and warm slippers!



Moving out of my wardrobe to the kitchen...



I also received this item that I've wanted like forever:

It's an Excalibur Dehydrator - the 3900, 9-tray model...with 5 paraflexx sheets!

I've already been dehydrating some pretty interesting things - but that is another post.

We actually bought this used from our friend, Phillip. Yes, it belonged to my dear friend, Kris - so that just makes it even more special to me. (sigh)





Jas also bought me another item that I'd mentioned would be very handy for our family:

...a big 'ol electric griddle!

I say it was a gift for me...but Jas is our designated pancake maker around here!



The cutest Pancake-Maker I've ever seen!

(That would be his "If I smile real cheesy maybe she'll leave me alone and let me get back to this oh-so-serious pancaking-making business" Face)

But I suppose the griddle it is a true gift to me in that now he can make pancakes faster...and I still don't have to be involved in the pancake-making process! (I burn them every time...I don't know what it is! I wouldn't do that on purpose to get out of making them. (wink))

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...