12.23.2011

Tasty Trees

We did another fun little craft today. But this one we got to do it with Laoli! (And even though I didn't get any pictures of her (or me, for that matter) I promise we were both there!)

I mentioned in this post the other day a great book that we have that contains some very fun craft ideas for Christmas. This book is very helpful and encouraging to me because 1. I don't like crafts and 2. I really don't like messes!

So, after a tasty lunch of take-out Chinese at Laoli's house, we got out all the necessary items that we'd brought from our house. (My #1 Tip for a craft-time that won't mess up your house, "Do Said Craft at Someone Else's House. ANYone Else's House!")

Ta-DA! We ended up with these tasty little Christmas trees:

All you need is:
Ice cream cones
Icing (I bought white and dyed it green)
Whatever toppings you want to decorate your trees with



It's as simple - and tasty - as that!



While making these trees today, Laoli and I reminisced about the first time the children made these trees (way back in 2005):





We only had two cuties at that point...and, OH MY, how cute they were!



Elisabeth was 2.5 and Noah was almost 22 months and had only been home for a few weeks. He wasn't yet walking and I don't remember his fine motor skills being good enough to do all this on his own, so he probably had quite a bit of help "decorating."

Elisabeth concentrating real hard

But I don't think Noah's lack of fine motor skills were an issue, because I think they did more eating than decorating that day!











And I'm pretty sure they loved every minute of it...


...just like they did today!

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures of your treasures decorating their trees is just too cute! I love this craft. Will have to do it next year. We have spent a couple of days reading The Gingerbread Man story, decorating the cookies, having them run away, and then discovering they have come home again! It was so much fun! Sounds like you are having a blast at your house, too!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family dear friend. Praying for good news of your newest addition soon!

    Love,
    janet, kevin, ted, sophia, philip, and elijah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I can't handle this much cuteness!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...