12.21.2011

Our Little "Angels"

I wanted to share one precious little Christmas craft that has become a tradition at our house.

My dear friend Amy gave us this great book the first Christmas that Elisabeth was home with us. It has many great craft, activity and recipe ideas (24, to be exact) that you can do with your children throughout the month of December, getting ready for Christmas:

The ADVENTure of Christmas (by Lisa Whelchel. Yes, the same Lisa from "Facts of Life" )


I do believe that this is our favorite craft from the book...it is such a precious keepsake!


Angels! With "wings" made out of my children's hands and the "body" is made of my children's footprint. We trace all this onto craft foam, AND print out a cute picture from that December to cut out a head for our angel. Above I show a sampling (2004, 2006, and 2009) from the angels that Elisabeth has accumulated in the 8 Christmas seasons she has now been home.




Heretofore..the craft foam that I purchased several weeks ago is still sitting in the package, unopened. But I DO intend to make more angels for my children this year...we love looking back over them and seeing how they've grown!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...