10.26.2011

All Things Daniel - And Prayers, Please

Update: We've found out that Daniel's surgery is scheduled for 4 p.m. Thursday afternoon. We would appreciate your prayers for our little guy - and for his belly that will starving by that time!

*********************************

A couple weeks ago, I did an "All Things Gabriel" post...and I was thinking it was the perfect time for my Daniel to get his own post!


Remember those three baby teeth Daniel just lost- boom, boom, boom?


Well, now I know why the were in such a hurry to come out...


...his permanent teeth were in a big hurry to come in!

The only problem: Three fell out, two have come in...and there is no room left for another one to come in!

*****************************
Daniel has had hearing aids for a year and a half now. These have lasted longer than our audiologist expected...but Daniel's ears have now grown enough that it is time to have him re-fitted and have new ones molded.

He hasn't been wanting to wear them the past couple weeks because they "feel like they're going to fall out" and they're giving feedback...which I know has to be annoying right in your ear!

I'm going to call the audiologist about this soon, but I've kind of been dragging my feet until we get our return from the IRS...


****************************

Over the past couple weeks it has really been sticking out to me how very Southern Daniel sounds! With neither Jas or I having been raised in the south, we do not sound southern (although our Colorado family would dispute that now)...but all our children sound southern, with some words really standing out.

When Daniel took a spill in the yard last week, I had a hard time not snickering when he was crying, "I fay-el!" (translation: I fell)

And "Hay-elp", is how he pronounces "help."

And when I was helping him with his Speech homework a couple days ago I thought he was saying the wrong word and I was about to correct him, when I realized it was just his pronunciation: "I will say-el the book" (I will sell the book)

It is the cutest little southern drawl I've ever heard!

****************************

There is never a dull moment with this 'lil guy around, I tell you what. I really should make a video of what he looks like while he's doing his school work. He cannot be still, and he's usually making funny faces and noises also. If he was in public school, I bet his teacher would so want him on ADHD medicine!

Daniel's newest trick: Reading upside down. Just to clarify: He holds his book upside down...not that he is hanging upside down. When he sat in my lap to read his reader to me this morning and I saw him holding his book upside down I thought smugly to myself, "Well, he won't try that for long!"

But he did great! There really was no difference in his speed from when he holds his book the right way! I've always been a big fan of this little guy - but I never knew he was quite that talented!

********************************

I mentioned here that Daniel would be having surgery again soon. Well, "soon" has arrived.

His surgery is scheduled for tomorrow, and we're leaving in just a little bit to head on down to that city, and we'll stay the night with our dear friends, the S family.

We don't yet know what time the surgery will be, but Daniel is the second oldest child on Dr. M's surgery schedule for tomorrow (out of 8 surgeries)...so it will almost assuredly be in the afternoon. I'll update the top of this post when we find out exactly what time...

Please pray for our little guy: That the Lord would guide Dr. M's hands during the surgery, that the surgery would go smoothly, Daniel's healing would go well, and quickly. AND, most of all, Daniel would appreciate it if you'd pray that he doesn't need a "Teetee bag" (catheter) after the surgery.



3 comments:

  1. you got it friend...any thing for my little stretch buddies..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said earlier, I just love this little guy. And Joli? I hate to tell you that while you may not sound completely Southern, you definitely have acquired a bit of a drawl. There's just no escaping it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...