8.20.2011

Recipe : Blueberry Pound Cake

I was responsible for bringing supper and dessert to our community group last Sunday evening.

Taking into account the plethora of blueberries we have in our freezer right now...and a wonderful new recipe my dear friend Kris recently gave me...I knew immediately what I wanted to make...

...Blueberry Pound Cake!

My friends Leah and Anna both asked for the recipe that evening...and Anna then said "just post it on your blog!"

So, per your request, Anna:


Blueberry Pound Cake
1 c. + 2 tsp butter
2 1/4 c. sugar (evaporated cane juice)
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 c. freshly milled wheat (I used Soft White wheat)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 c. blueberries

Grease tube pan with 2 tsp butter, then sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar. Cream 1 cup butter, gradually adding 2 cups sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well (for about a minute) between each new egg. Add vanilla. Combine 2 3/4 c. flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Dredge blueberries in 1/4 flour, then add blueberries into batter; pour into prepared pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hr 10 minutes. Cook in a regular size tube pan or fluted bundt pan. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous! Everyone enjoyed this cake, even the super picky eaters. I found it so easy to make. This is now my go to cake recipe.

    Hannah
    Super deals on Black Cloud Dodge Diesel Clutches

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...