12.18.2010

Coconut Caramel Pie

Please note that I am not labeling this with my "Eating Healthy" tag.

It is not healthy. At all.

But scrumptious? Absolutely.


I hadn't had any in several years, but when I needed to make a dessert to take to our Sunday School Christmas Party...I thought of this.
I'm so glad I did!


Coconut Caramel Pie

2 baked 9-in pie shells, cooled
¼ c. butter
1 (7 oz.) pkg coconut
½ c. chopped pecans
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 (16 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
1 (12 oz.) caramel ice cream topping

Melt butter in large skillet, add coconut and pecans. Stir constantly over medium heat until brown; set aside to cool. Combine cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth, then fold in Cool Whip. Layer ¼ cream cheese mixture into each pie shell. Drizzle ¼ of caramel topping on each pie. Sprinkle ¼ coconut mixture. Continue to layer each pie. Pies will be 2 layers. Freeze. Set out for 5 minutes and then cut and serve. Enjoy!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...