9.21.2010

Not letting up

I guess I was hoping that the children would let up. But they haven't.

They are still talking about wanting us to adopt again.

Particularly Daniel, this past week.

He's not trying to be pushy...or manipulative. And he's not trying to talk us into anything.

He just talks about more children - often - in such a way that it is very clear that he simply takes it as a foregone conclusion that there will be more children.

Daniel: "Mama, we need to get a bigger car."

Me: "Why Daniel? Our van has plenty of room for us."

Daniel: "Because we need room for more children." (Not said rudely at all, but I do get the feeling that he is almost exasperated that he would have to explain this to me.)


Here is the lego creation that Daniel brought to show me a few days ago. It's a floorplan...of a bigger house...


...with beds and bedrooms for 7 children.





And here is the picture he brought to me the other day.


Those are bunkbeds - lots of bunkbeds - stacked one on top of another...on top of another.
I'm not exactly sure...but I think there are 10 beds.

It's not helping my heart that I'm getting ready for this Love the Least Conference...and being daily reminded - again - just how many precious children there are out there who need a Forever Family.

I go back and forth between thinking "I wish the children would lighten up and allow us hear from the Lord"

to

"Maybe this is the Lord speaking to Jas and I..."

4 comments:

  1. We were done adopting after Katie and Jenny, and as I have written, Erin came out of nowhere. Perhaps Daniel is preparing you guys, that you will see a child and say that is our child without talking about adopting at that moment. God works in wonderful mysterious ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the floorplan Daniel. I've felt whispers of 7 also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We definitely were done after we came limping home with Elijah last February.

    But God . . .

    I'm with Daniel. Why don't you go back with us?? :)

    Hugs,
    Janet and gang

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea, Daniel! I use to thing 7 was the perfect number of family members. Now, I think maybe 7 is the perfect number of children....alas, we're broke...but maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...