8.09.2010

Elisabeth's Adoption Day

6 years ago today, we held our precious little Elisabeth in our arms for the very first time.






I have mixed emotions looking back at pictures from that day.

Jas and I felt such joy and elation, and thanksgiving.



But it literally grabs my heart and makes it physically hurt to look back and see our Elisabeth so scared, and confused and sad.











She stayed that way for several days.





Four days, to be exact.





Which doesn't sound so long now...






...but at the time, those 4 days seemed like an eternity.





And then...










...she picked her head up, and started looking around, and decided we weren't so bad after all...

...and she started smiling.

5 days after we met Elisabeth




And she's never stopped!

Elisabeth Day, 2005













Elisabeth Day, 2006







Elisabeth Day, 2007










Elisabeth Day, 2008


Elisabeth Day, 2010




I've heard this from other adoptive parents, and it is very true for us also: People say that we "saved" Elisabeth...but the truth is that she saved us.

I can't imagine - nor do I want to - our lives without this precious girl.




Mama and daddy love you so much, Libeth!

4 comments:

  1. You are so right! We are so blessed when children (and babies) enter our lives. I cannot imagine our world any differently!

    Your friends love you, too, Libeth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Gotcha Day all of you. I agree, the children are what made us a family and can't imagine life without them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Elizabeth Day! I love that you celebrate the special day that they joined the family. Also, when did she get her hair cut???? Did I miss a post about this????? Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you guys celebrate! Reading about Elizabeth's Gotcha Day and seeing the amazing difference from those first pictures to now gave me the chills. What a great family you have.
    -Laura

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...