6.13.2010

Breakfast Cookies

We will be eating at least 2 - and usually all 3 - meals at the condo every day while we're down in Daytona.

Expense, along with a desire to eat healthy, pretty much dictates that.

There is an efficient little stocked kitchen in the condo, and while there is a Publix just down the road...I bring alot of food with us every year. Alot.

One of the (many) things I'm bringing is this whole grain choice for our breakfasts. (For breakfast every day (here and at the beach), we eat scrambled eggs (to get protein), some fruit (normally something with lots of vitamin C, to help the body absorb the iron from eggs), and a whole grain.)

I made these for the first time ever yesterday...and they are a hit with our whole crew!



I found the recipe here earlier this week, on a website that I've recently discovered...and can't wait to dig into more! (BTW, I did follow the instructions for "soaking" the grains overnight...healthier for you, as it allows the phytates in the grains to start breaking down. But we didn't have "cultured buttermilk, so I used a mixture of our homemade Kefir and our raw milk.)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE these! Made them this morning. Thanks for sharing the recipe! The kids thought I was sooo cool to let them have cookies for breakfast! Hope you all are having a great time!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've made these before and love them too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...