5.05.2010

Our little "star"

This has been Elisabeth's first year in the Elementary choir at church.

She loves choir. She loves singing. She loves learning about music.

And I'm so glad that we have talented women leading the elementary school choir at our church...because, while I love music and think it is very important, I am just not equipped to teach my children about it.

So Elisabeth has been having a great time in choir all year, and Sunday the choir capped off a great year with a great musical - Kingdom Quest.

The premise was a Lady and a Knight traveling around accomplishing tasks and challenges to gather all the pieces of the Armor of God (as in Ephesians chapter 6).

The show was great, and the children did great.

And, if I do say so myself, our little Archer #2 did great.




She even sang a solo part in one of their songs, Under Your Feet:

Hey there Mighty Warrior
You will be so dandy
Standing on the solid rock
Instead of on the sandy
When the storms come crashing
You won't be needin' adjustin'
Cause Jesus is your anchor
And on him you'll be trustin'

(I just typed that from memory, I think everyone in our family knows that part by heart after hearing E practice for the past couple of weeks!)



Elisabeth with her buddy, the knave - I mean, Emma



Elisabeth had to audition to get that solo part. At her age, you could not have dragged me out onto a stage to do a solo part of anything (who am I kidding? you couldn't drag me out there even now!). And she went after it. She amazes me!



2 comments:

  1. Way to go Elisabeth....I can't sing at all...so good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Our oldest son Ted loved to sing and be on stage way back to when he was little. He is graduating tomorrow from Ball State with a degree in English education and a degree in Theatrical directing! Who knows where Elisabeth will go with her talent!!

    Hugs,
    Janet and gang

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...