11.17.2015

Delicious Brownies...That Just So Happen To Be Grain-Free (Guest Post by Elisabeth)

begged talked Elisabeth into doing another guest post for me. (HERE is her first one.)



















She has been making some brownies lately that are out. of. this. world!








For the past 2-3 months whenever we need anything sweet, this has been the go-to dessert.  I have taken meals to friends three times in the past couple of months (new babies, and a knee surgery) and we've had other families over to eat several times...and this is what we serve every time.  And we keep getting requests for the recipe.

But Elisabeth adapted these brownies from a cookie recipe, and I don't even know how to make them myself.  So I wanted her to get the directions down in black and white, once and for all!



So, without further ado....







Hey guys, my name is Elisabeth.

I going to show y’all how to make this YUMMY brownie recipe!

Here’s how the cookie recipe became a brownie recipe…

I needed to make a sweet something for a party we were going to, so I started to make the cookies, then I realized I didn’t have any coconut sugar.  So I decided to use cane sugar instead.  (Big mistake!)  I put the cookies in the oven to bake.  When the timer rang I took them out and saw that it had spread out into one big cookie.  No big deal, right?  Wrong!  The cookies would not come up off the baking stones, they were hard, and too crunchy for our liking.  (We ended up picking up something for the party)

So the next time I made the cookie recipe, I did the same thing, except I used cane sugar.  Then I just put the batter in a pan.  It worked, and they were SO good!

So now I make it into brownies. It’s really easy to make double, triple, or quadruple.

Coconut sugar is very expensive, so I just use cane sugar and it doesn’t affect it in any way. The recipe was originally called Double Chocolate Chunk Paleo Cookies.  Now I call them Double Chocolate Chunk Paleo Brownies. Enjoy!

Here’s the recipe…

1/3 c. coconut oil (melted, but not hot)
2/3 c. cane sugar
2 large eggs (farm fresh, if you can)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 unsweetened cacao powder (or cocoa)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/ 4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. coconut flour (sifted)
1/3 c. chocolate chips (we use soy-free chips)

(The recipe as written fits in a bread pan size glass dish.  Double recipe fits in an 8x8 or 7x11 pan, Triple recipe fits in a 9x11, and Quadruple recipe fits in a 11x14)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Add oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla cocoa powder, baking soda and salt to a bowl.  Mix to combine.  (We use a hand mixer.)
2. Add the sifted coconut flour and mix again until combined well.
3. Line the chosen dish with parchment paper, and spread batter into pan.
4. Sprinkle chips on top
5. Bake brownies - we normally quadruple the recipe and I start checking the brownies at 20-25 minutes.





1 comment:

  1. Tried the recipe and it's just amazing! Everyone one loved it. This has become our Friday evening snacks.

    Hannah
    Super deals deliverance testimonies

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...