6.10.2015

New Views since Last June


The children have been swimming in the pool since April.  I joke with them every year that I'm not getting in until June.  Except...I'm not kidding.  That water is too COLD until June!


So, yesterday was my debut in the pool.  All six kiddos and I got in there together after rest-time.

As I looked around, I couldn't help but marvel at all the new views I was taking in.  Things that were new just since last year at this time.....



First, G without swimmies/floaties!





He is now a little over half way through his two weeks of daily swimming lessons now...and he is doing great!  He is a regular little fish!







The next view that struck me as really funny, actually...the cows.  Looking up from the pool and the cows look like they are practically right there next to you.





There is actually about 15-20 feet of grass/backyard between the pool fence and the pasture fence....













...but from the house side of the pool, you can't really even tell there is that space.





It makes me smile/laugh to look out my kitchen window, at our pool (that I never thought we'd own) and see the cows (that I never dreamed we'd really get to own) just beyond it .  We're blessed.




And finally, the third new view:




This precious girl!  

It is so hard to believe that a year ago she wasn't here...we didn't even know about her yet.  We were just finishing up our paperwork and getting ready to go "active" in the Prospective Adoptive Parents waiting pool. 

She is such an integral part of our lives, and we can't imagine our family without her.  I have felt this way with every single one of our children: during every adoption process it is so hard to imagine another child here...but on the other side of the process, it is then so hard to imagine how we ever managed without that precious soul.

And the same is true with this sweet girl.  We all love her so much!


Seeing what the Lord has done in our lives since last June reminds me of His tender mercies and huge blessings - in both the big and small areas of our lives!



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...