5.10.2015

Blessed Beyond Measure


We had it all planned this morning, this special Mother's Day morning.  We each had our expectations in mind for how the morning would go.

And then...no water.  None.  Zilch. Nada.






I don't realize the things I take for granted until I no longer have them.

Like running water.





Thankfully I am married to the most talented man in the US.  Seriously, what can't he do?  So, 1.5 hours after discovering the problem (during which time he was busy with manual labor and electrical work - cutting and splicing wires)...we had water again.  Just in time to get all of us to church half hour earlier than normal, because Jas and I both had rotating ministry roles to fulfill this morning.




While a very simplistic example, this is a recurring theme in my life:  Nothing ever works out how I imagine it.  Never.  Zilch.  Nada.




I used to pout...and perhaps cry.  I would get my ugly cry on and throw a good 'ol (real mature) fit.  It wasn't always visible to anyone outside my head...but more often than I'd care to remember, it was!  ugh




Finally, thankfully, with all the opportunities the Lord has given me (I'm a slow learner), I've gotten (a little) better.  I've learned to be more flexible.

Because I've learned that even when things don't turn out the way **I** planned them, the Lord has them under control...and - what do you know? - they not only turn out fine...they turn out better than I could have imagined/dreamed up myself!

Like this family picture.




Well, not **this** family picture, per se.  But our family.  Totally not on my radar 15 years ago, or even 10...or even 5!

And it is much better than I could have planned/orchestrated/conjured up.



I am blessed beyond measure.

I wholeheartedly agree with Ephesians 3:20: He is truly able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...