10.13.2014

Introducing....


When we first closed on our house in March 2013, I called this section behind the backyard proper the "pasture."  




I was dreaming.

March 2013


It looked nothing like a pasture.



The six of us took down the (falling down anyway) wooden picket fence.

And in February 2014, we had the "pasture" fenced in:



And then in April 2014, my dad drove down on his tractor and tilled up the pasture...



 ...and Jas planted grass seed:





And after a few weeks, it looked like the grass seed wasn't going to take...but then it did!


And on Saturday morning, our pasture looked like this:


A.M., 10/11/14


And then on Saturday evening, our pasture looked like this:
P.M. 10/11/14
Don't see anything different?

Look reeeeeal close back in the left-hand corner...


 AHHHHHH!


There are cows in that pasture!









At times I thought this was just never going to happen.




But here they are....



Meet our two Jerseys....T-Bone, and his mama, Chelsea.



I took this through a square in the fence....they weren't letting us get that close at the time.


More to come about our cow adventures soon.....but I'll sign off with these "milky" pictures...










2 comments:

  1. They are cute! So who does the milking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just going to say, I'm jealous! :) So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...