3.01.2013

Excited...With a Side of Nervous

I'm excited about a couple of things that are coming up that the Lord has orchestrated.

First, our Love the Least ministry team is hosting our second-annual Stop Hunger Now meal-packing event.

SHN event - 2012
The meal-packing event last year was such a success, we just knew we had to do it again.  Last year our  goal had been 20,000 meals...and we end up surpassing 70,000.

This year we decided to increase our goal to 100,000 meals...and local area churches raised enough money for over 117,000 meals.  And over 400 people have signed up to come physically pack the meals. The SHN team - that packs meals all over the country - is blown away by what our little town has pulled together to accomplish these two years.  Only. God.

That is going to be A WHOLE LOT of meals to pack...and we are so excited!

(True confession:  Remember the money Elisabeth raised for SHN last year?  Well, she very much wanted to try to do that again this year.  And her slightly-overwhelmed-mother-who-now-has-a-busy-one-year-old-and-is-packing-up-a-household-of-7?  I told her "no."  Just keeping it real.)

***********************

And the next event that I'm excited about is an adoption workshop/conference being held at a large church in the state to the south of us.  Jas and I have been asked to share our personal testimony about our adoptions.  When my friend Julie called to ask us, I think I practically shouted into the phone when I realized why she was calling: "You want us to SPEAK!?!?  Like...in front of an audience?!?" 

Ummm, not exactly my comfort zone.  But, she did happen to be requesting that we speak about one of my very favorite topics in the whole world...and speaking about something that I'm this passionate about is not (quite) as scary.

Seriously though, we are excited to be able to share our God-story with people.  We sincerely pray that the Lord's work would be evident and magnified through our family.

11 I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. 12 I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds. 13 Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God? 14 You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples. Ps. 77:11-14


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...