6.05.2012

Team Clean: Fridge

We continue to chip away with our summer cleaning efforts.

On this particular day our goal was the fridge.  Our "inside fridge", actually.  (Shucks!  As I just typed that I realized that we do have an "outside fridge" too, in our utility room...I 'spose we should clean that one too. Rats.)

Enough whining...back to the post.

We started by pulling every last thing out.



The children thought that step was alot of fun.



Then they went to town cleaning the inside of the fridge with our homemade All-Purpose cleaner recipe from Organized Simplicity.  Yes, all four children cleaning in the fridge at once.


No, there was not really enough room for all four of them to do this at once...but we persevered.

I arranged them based on whether they were right or left-handed...to fit them in there as good as I could (the oldest three are lefties, LK is a rightie.)  It was like a fun little puzzle!




They are such troopers, and really good workers.  Of course, they're realizing what I've always found to be true also:  It is fun to clean something that is really dirty...because you can see the good job you're doing!  It is abundantly clear the progress you're making when something is filthy.  THAT is actually why I let things get this way around here, so that we can see the good job we're doing when we're cleaning.  Yeah, that's it.

And don't call DFCS on me...I promise that after I took a few pictures of this process I put down my camera and helped them clean the fridge.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks Joli, I now have a reason for my cleaning method :) Yeah, I'm building self-esteem by allowing them to see what a great job they can do!! LOL!! Your kids are doing great!!!
    amy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...