Update on Noah's Eyes

Noah and I went to his ophthalmologist this afternoon to get the results from his testing for glaucoma.

I could go into a bunch of (new-to-me) acronyms and abbreviations and numbers, but the Lord woke me up at 3:30 this morning, and it's been a long and draining day...so I'll refrain.

The long and short of it: We couldn't have gotten better news at this point. We're rejoicing!

Apparently, glaucoma is not a cut-and-dried sort of thing to diagnose, or rule out. But based on the big picture of the tests, images, and pressures they've gathered, Dr. L doesn't see any reason to start Noah on medicine right now and he just wants to keep tabs on it. We're going back in 6 months.

Dr. L described it like watching a clock: If you're just staring at it, you can't see the hour and minute hands noticeably changing. But if you leave and come back in an hour, you can see the difference. So it is with glaucoma...you have to just wait and watch, to see if there is a difference.

So, after all the recent tests, images, etc. we now have lots of baseline data...and we pray that in 6 months the new findings continue to confirm no need for concern.

1 comment:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...