9.27.2011

Practicing

My dear friend Sabrina blessed us today.

How?

We got to babysit for her for a couple hours this afternoon!

We've watched the oldest three children a couple times before, but this time she got brave and left Haddie Ruth with us also!

(Sabrina was going to have a very upset Elisabeth on her hands had she chosen not to leave Haddie Ruth!)

I didn't know anyone this little could stay awake for 2.5 hours, but Haddie Ruth did!

I was a little anxious that she might fuss some and I wouldn't be able to comfort her while her mama was gone...but she did great. Haddie Ruth is breastfed, so I was very concerned that she might not want to have anything to do with the bottle that I offered her, but she was flexible (phew!).

Because she is breastfed at home, big brother Eli has never fed her before. He looked at me with big puppy-dog eyes as I fed her her bottle and asked very sweetly if he could try feeding her.

I said yes, of course.


Daniel supervised.


And when Elisabeth asked if she could have a turn, Eli was sweet enough to share his little sis with Elisabeth also.



And after the feeding, when Haddie Ruth was laying there contentedly, Lily Kay wanted to get in on the action. She put Haddie Ruth's little feet on her belly and just lay there beside her.


LK assured me that she saw Haddie Ruth use the ASL sign for "play". I wasn't convinced, but I didn't argue.

All-in-all, we all agreed that we had a very fun practice session this afternoon...and that we're ready for Gabriel to arrive!




3 comments:

  1. I'm glad she was a good baby for you! And I love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Jas will b e great parents, eventhough your first 4 didn't come to you as newborns, you still had a lot of practice. The big siblings are going to do great as they have witness such beautiful love from you. I also need to comment on losing teeth. He looks great in those pictures.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...