9.23.2011

Noah's Electro-Physiologist Appointment

I've been disconcerted about the unprovoked elevated heart rates that Noah experienced a handful of times recently...and yesteday was my chance to talk with the "Electrician" heart doctor about our concerns. (Noah's Cardiologist is the "Plumber", his Electro-Physiologist is the "Electrician".)

Thankfully, the doctor was not overly concerned. While showing my observations and concerns attention (and asking Noah and I plenty of questions to make sure he fully understood), Dr. B. did not seem alarmed. This was a good thing, in my mind.

He thinks the unprovoked elevated heart rates are a pacemaker thing. Specifically, he thinks the "settings" on Noah's pacemaker are the cause of these episodes.

So, while "talking" to Noah's pacemaker, Dr. B changed its "response time" from 30 to 60 seconds, and changed it's "sensitivity" (which is on a scale from 1-10) from 7 to 8.

Wow! Was I ever thankful for that to be the explanation behind these episodes! My dear friend Amy said later that she had specifically prayed that the explanation would prove to be something like this. To all of you who prayed for our precious Noah (and his anxious mama)...I can't tell you how much we appreciate that!

*******************************************************

I just want to brag on the Lord a bit...specifically His timing. This regularly scheduled annual appointment should have happened in July, like the one last year. But it was rescheduled twice (once at their request, once at our request (I didn't want us to miss our business trip because of a doctor appointment!)). And the rescheduled appointment "just happened" to end up exactly where it needed to be on our calendar so that when these episodes started the past few weeks, this anxious mama was able to talk with doctor in very short order. Some people would think this was just a coincidence, but I've walked with the Lord long enough now to know that nothing that happens in my life is a "coincidence"...He arranges and takes care of every detail in my life, because I'm His favorite.

But you know what? You are His favorite also!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...