8.26.2011

A New Milestone for Lily Kay: NOT Lying to Save Her Behind

Lily Kay achieved a new milestone the other day, and I was so proud of her!

Let me back up a bit...

Lily Kay has struggled with fessing up when she realizes that she has done something wrong and is about to get in trouble. (Don't have to teach kids to sin, do we? We're all sinful from birth - thank you for your precious gift, Jesus!)

We've explained to Lily Kay how important it is to always tell the truth, no matter what. And that her consequences will be even worse if she lies to try to cover something up.

I think it finally is sinking in!

Since we've been on "our" business trip here in Destin, I've been using our laptop. (Yes, that laptop...it is still working, amazingly enough!) It is not something we use at home, so I suppose it looked like a fun, new toy when I pulled it out the other day.

When I walked into the room and Lily Kay hurriedly moved away from the laptop (looking kinda sheepish), I asked her if she'd been messing with the laptop.

She hesitated briefly (wheels a'churning) and then said: "Yes, ma'am."

Me: "Please don't touch the laptop. Lily Kay, thank you so much for telling the truth."

LK: "I told the truth so I wouldn't get in trouble...that was close wasn't it???"

Yes, that was close...but maybe our girl has turned a corner for good on this issue now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...