8.01.2011

Did You Hear Me Squeal With Glee?

During my Joli School-Planning Retreat a few weeks ago, I made a list of the remaining books I needed to buy for school this year. (We're not using Sonlight this year, btw. I should do a post about that!)

I placed an order on Amaz*n...and I almost broke out in a Happy Dance when the books started arriving!



A Child's Geography: Explore His Earth by Ann Voskamp







We'll be going through this manners book during "Circle Time" this year. Circle Time will be a new thing for our homeschool this year...and the kids and I are all very excited about it. I will post more about it after we've gotten into it...assuming it's going well, that is.



You gotta love that free shipping with Amazon, so I took advantage of this opportunity to order several books that have been on my "Wish List" for, oh...months.


Large Family Logistics by Kim Brenneman (We're larger than normal, and growing! I'm constantly reading books and blogs trying to glean tips/ideas from those who've BTDT. I don't want Jas to feel like we need to limit our family size because I can't handle it!)




A Love That Multiplies by Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar


Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider (yes, her name really is spelled "Tsh")


I couldn't get these last three books through our library (always my first choice), or Paperbackswap (my 2nd choice)...so I finally broke down and bought them. But I know I'll be so glad to have them so I can refer back to them. (I've already read the Duggars first book through twice - love. them.)

The absolute joy that I feel when a package arrives containing new books for me is, well...I'm not sure it is healthy. I cannot WAIT to dig into these books!


2 comments:

  1. So fun!!! I want us to do that same geography...had planned on it until I decided this first year would work better for a US history/geo focus. We'll do it next year if anyone stays home them for sure!!

    Please keep sharing...love getting homeschool ideas/advice from friends!!!! Blessings, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Not using Sonlight? I am shocked. More details please :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...