6.22.2011

Elisabeth is Eight!

Elisabeth's birthday falls during the assigned beach timeshare weeks every year.

Not a bad place to spend your birthday.

Except that we're not around our friends, and the rest of our family.

Which means? That Libeth received lots of birthday well-wishes over the phone on her big day!





What else did she receive on her big day?

A jewelry organizer (like she mentioned several months ago, but didn't remember telling me...so she was so surprised and delighted, "How did you know, mama?!? That's exactly what I wanted!")


And from Laoli and Papa a watch (like she'd also mentioned...and promptly forgot, so again the surprise!)


...and a clipboard and fancy pen. (Which is a BIG hit and is proof how much Laoli knows her precious granddaughter!)


She also received from mama and daddy a Math Slam. I am happy to report that she is loving this!

And everyone else is loving it also! AND they're doing math! (My devious plan - bwa-ha-ha!)

The birthday girl also got to pick where Laoli took us to eat that night.

Her choice? Olive Garden. (Smart girl! And not a place that we have as a choice in our small town...or any of the small towns surrounding us!)


Now that I've duly recorded all the facts from that day...it's time for me to get misty-eyed....



When did it happen?


When did my baby girl get so big?

Turning two at the beach in 2005



I used to just nod and smile when people (including my mom) talked about how "fast they grow up!" "Don't blink...or they'll be gone!"


I don't nod and smile anymore.


Now I shake my head despondently...



...and try not to cry.







1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Elisabeth!!! You are going to be such a sweet big sister to the new little one who will join you!

    Blessings, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...