12.28.2010

Blueberry Soup?

This is my favorite Christmas present:


My big new crockpot! Jas did good...he got me exactly what I asked for!

I love to make big suppers - making 2, 3 or even 4 times what the recipes says. Then I freeze the extra and we have "fast food" ready for those crazy afternoon/nights when I can't cook (doctor appts, etc.).

My 4-qt crockpot that we received as a wedding present just wasn't cutting it anymore. You can't double or quadruple a recipe and still fit it into a 4-qt crockpot. Hence, my new 7 quart! YAY!

I broke my new crockpot in on Monday. The first thing I made was Southwestern Black Bean Soup. I've made it many times in the past, it is yummy. But I'm making much MORE this time than I ever have in the past!

When I was rinsing the black beans off before I put them in the crockpot, Daniel was watching.

He looked very interested...but confused...

Daniel: "What are we having for to eat?"

Me: "We're going to have soup tonight!"

Daniel: "Are we having blueberry soup?!?!"

4 comments:

  1. Yay for your new crock pot! MY favorite gift was a new griddle....can't wait to make pancakes, but we have had eggs, bacon, and grilled cheese already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!
    Will you be sharing the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, I have a 6Qt and always like to have leftovers to freeze for the nights that I don't feel like cooking. Glad you got just what you wanted

    ReplyDelete
  4. So...wonder how many years it will be before you post that your favorite Christmas present is your SECOND 7qt crockpot? Because with our 1/2 our kids a bit older then yours, I am lucky to get any more then 1 meal extra in my 7qt (and sometimes I have NO extra!!) I'm pretty sure double cooking in our crockpot will be a thing of the past once the boys come home!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...