11.01.2010

Overdid it

In the interest of "keeping it real"...I just thought I should share that I am definitely in line to get the "Excellent Mom" Award.

Lily Kay totally overdid it on Saturday. Totally.

I think it must have been the trampoline at Aunt Marty's house. It may have been all the running around and chasing after cousins, but, no...I'm pretty sure the trampoline was the main culprit.

In my defense, she has been doing so well and feeling so good - amazingly well and amazingly good - it lulled me into a false sense of security.

I was assuming that Lily Kay would be self-regulating - that her body would just know if she tried to do something that she shouldn't yet.

Apparently not.

Ask me how much I wanted to kick myself for letting her do that.

Definitely my fault.

Definitely not my 4-year old's fault.

Just trying to keep it real.

(If you work with my mother-in-law...please don't let her read this! She's liable to come here all the way from Colorado to spank my behind if she thought I wasn't taking good care of her grandbabies!)

2 comments:

  1. Awww! We all (mothers) need a "spanking" from our MILs and mothers at some point...if we are keepin' it real and will admit it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon Lily Kay...and Jodi you will get the best mother award, you are amazing. Happy 5 years with Noah

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...