8.30.2010

What kind of "hanger"?

Noah was at it again this morning...and I've got to get this down before I forget!

I recently finished reading Red Sails to Capri aloud to the children. It had relatively short chapters and every single one of them left us in suspense. So the children learned a new term: cliffhanger

So our reading times would end like this, every time:

Mama: (closing book) Well, that's the end of that chapter...that's it for now.

E & N (and sometimes D & LK): AAWWWW, Mama! Just one more chapter...that is a cliffhanger. Just one more...please!

But we finally finished the book a week or so ago, and the book Sonlight has me reading aloud to them now is Ginger Pye...and it is not as cliffhanger-ish...so we haven't used the new term for a while.


So this morning I read Genesis chapter 37 to them. About Joseph's dreams and being sold by his brothers. The very last verse in Genesis 37 reads like this: Meanwhile, the Midianites sold Joseph in Egypt to Potiphar, one of Pharaoh's officials, the captain of the guard.

My children are very familiar with Joseph's story and all the amazing things that are about to be orchestrated by God next...so they didn't want me to stop reading the bible.

Noah: Please don't stop reading...that is a clothes hanger!

Love. it. That is my precious boy!

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love those kinds of hangers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is precious! Also, I have to agree with him not to stop reading - that's my favorite bible story also!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...