8.19.2010

Piano

Elisabeth has just started piano lessons.



She's had exactly one, yes (1), lesson so far.

How is she liking it?



Hmmmm...alot.

And so is her mama.

Elisabeth is taking lessons with my dear friend from church, Cindy, who teaches lessons part-time. I put E on the waiting list, seriously, it must have been about 3 or 4 years ago now. I l i t e r a l l y started jumping up and down in my bedroom when Cindy called a couple weeks ago to let us know that E was in!

And what else is Elisabeth doing this year?

Gymnastics? No, been there done that

Dance? No, been there done that for 2 years.

Twirling? No, been there done that...got the t-shirt to prove it.

Nothing. Nothing else besides piano.

I have been ruminating on alot of things recently. (Like I mentioned here and here)

That, combined with my bloggy friend Linny's wise words here, sealed the deal.

So while my children's peers are running from school to (fill in the blank with any activity) and then running to (fill in the blank with any other activity)...and stopping only long enough to pick up a fast-food meal in between...

We'll be hanging out at the house. Taking bike rides and walks together. Lingering at the supper table a l o n g time, while Jas or I read a book aloud to everyone.

Call us slackers, we're o.k. with that.













5 comments:

  1. No slacker comments here; we are the exact same way. In fact, I just had to defend my position to my mom because supposedly being a parent is about running kids everywhere. Nope. Emily starts volleyball soon (1 night a week) and Claire starts Chinese school this Sunday so we have to give those time to stew (lol!) before seeing how much more we can add on.
    Good luck to Elisabeth; I love the piano!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you guys - building relationships rather than running the roads! Yay for piano - glad she is enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you slackers, then we are, too. I have watched my kids become better friends over the past few weeks, and I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cristy, Cara and Sabrina! Yes, Sabrina - my children's relationships with one other is one of the "side effects" of homeschooling that I LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not slacking at all; just keeping your priorities in check! God bless, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...