8.23.2010

Old Pro

I say this alot, but LK just seriously continues to amaze me...more and more all the time.

This time, it revolved around her monthly shot. It was time for her second one. When the box arrived via UPS earlier in the day, Daniel took it upon himself to tell LK what she got to do later in the day. Thanks a lot, D!


So she talked about it quite a bit during the day: "I no wanya shot." It was the first thing out of her mouth when she woke up from nap that afternoon "I no wanya shot!" I would tell her "I know baby, I don't want it either and I'm so sorry we have to do it. But we won't do it until later...after daddy gets home."

So, when daddy got home, this little girl went and picked up the package and said to us "Shot? You ready?"

She then proceeded to go and get herself a bandaid and unwrap it, so it would be all ready for after the shot. And then she directed me to sit down and pointed to the chair I sat in last month. I sat down and held her...our other three monkeys literally stood on their heads and danced and sang to try to distract her...daddy gave the shot. She cried for about 10 seconds and then was fine.


She held the "Boo bunny" over the shot site. Yes, that would be a tear stain on her top.



There's that famous LK smile!



We went to a beginning of the school year shindig at church that night...and Lily Kay had fun showing everyone who would look her bandaid.


I just shake my head in amazement at her over and over. Ever since the first moment I saw her face, this precious girl has been a constant reminder that my Father in Heaven indeed is "able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine." (Eph. 3:20)

3 comments:

  1. She is a pretty amazing little girl! With enough cuteness on the side to suggest she could wrap a few people around her little finger as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...